No nation can develop if it’s women are weak and unable to get even their basic needs fulfilled. Our constitution has given the ‘Right to Life’ to every citizen and we should not forget that this right also means the right to live with dignity. A lot of widows who have no means of earning to provide for themselves feel helpless after demise of their husbands.
There are various Government schemes that are meant for welfare of women. In this article, we will discuss about the scheme that is meant for widows. ‘Indira Gandhi National Widow Pension Scheme’ is a centrally sponsored scheme that is meant to give support to widows. Obviously, no one can fill the vacuum created by sad demise of a family member but at least the hardships can be decreased. Women who are unable to take care of themselves due to scarcity of funds or due to not earning, they can avail a fix amount every month from the Government.
Let’s get to know about this scheme in detail:
Beneficiary category: Widows belonging to all categories
Objective of scheme: Pension scheme
Eligibility criteria: A widow in the age group of 40 to 65 years whose family comes under Below
Benefits provided to women: Rs. 600 per month to each beneficiary
How to Apply: The application is submitted to Collector Office/Tahsildar/Talathi
Contact Office: Collector Office/Tahsildar/Talathi
Let’s know about the Eligibility Criteria for Maharashtra Vidhwa Pension Yojana 2019 in detail:
This scheme is meant for widows belonging to economically weaker sections of society. It’s necessary to fulfill the eligibility criteria in order to avail the benefits under this scheme.
These criteria set by the state government are:
- – The woman should be a permanent resident of Maharashtra.
- – The applicant’s annual income should not exceed Rs 2 Lakh
- – Only widows can apply for this scheme
- – Women between 40 to 65 years of age can apply
- – The applicants must be living below the poverty line.
- – Death certificate of husband of the applicant
- – Income certificate
- – Caste certificates except for the women belonging to General Category
- – Aadhaar card
- – Bank Account details of the applicant
- – Photographs of the applicant
How to apply?
Follow these steps to apply for availing the benefits under this scheme:
- – Fill all the information correctly in the application form
- – Attach the photocopies of the necessary documents with the form
- – Submit your completely and correctly filled form in the concerned department of your district
Once you have followed all these steps and submitted the form in the concerned department, your form will be examined by them and if you are eligible for the scheme, you will avail the benefits under this scheme.
A grant of Rs 200 per month will be sanctioned for economically weak widows of the state by Maharashtra Government. Apart from this, Rs 400 per month will also be provided by the Sanjay Gandhi Non-funded Grant Scheme. Hence, total Rs 600 will be provided to the women availing the benefits under this scheme.
If you have any query, feel free to write at firstname.lastname@example.org